Tuesday, November 16, 2010


Okay, this is hard. I'm enjoying it most of the time, but still, it ain't easy. "Failure" comes to mind often. But then I am reminded:

All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness,that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work. 2 Tim 3:16-17

Do I actually believe God will equip me for everything? How about housework? And homeschooling? Those are all good works- so, yes.

But its easy to look over the important detail of this verse. Scripture. I won't get thoroughly equipped by just asking God to help me, or thinking happy thoughts. I have to do what I don't particularly always enjoy- read Scripture. It sounds bad that I don't enjoy it, doesn't it? Maybe I should clarify, I don't enjoy stopping whatever it is I have to or want to do in order to read something I've already read (give or take a few Levitical laws). But that's not good either. Thankfully, the Lord is gracious and when my eyes focus in on that first word of the passage, I always love it. It is just plain good stuff. He shows me something new very often as if I've never seen it.

Thankfully, I have a curriculum for my little lambs that is heavy on the Bible reading. It can be overwhelming, but, its also great. Its great for me, not just them. Right now, I am not slow to pick up the Bible, I'm ready to go to keep going!

Finally, I remind myself:

Therefore, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.
1 Cor 10:31 (Housework, cooking, schooling, changing diapers is included in that "whatever".) Lord, help me. Let this failure of a person glorify You.

No comments:

Post a Comment