Thursday, December 30, 2010

Charlie's Choice

We bought this dramatized audio CD by Lamplighter Publishing. They sell quality books, many from the 1800's. They choose books that will emphasize Biblical themes and character building. Some of them are even edited in places to reflect solid doctrine. From what I see on their site, they seem to be sound. After listening to it, my husband told me to buy more of them. He hardly ever asks me to buy more of anything except food. He thinks (and I have to admit, he's right) we need less of everything, not more. So, I took it to mean he REALLY liked it.

It is exciting, interesting, emotional and portrays wonderful yet hard to come by character qualities. The voice actors are professional and the music is well preformed and well placed. Our 6yo and 4yo have already listened to it a second time- although some of it is over our 4yo's head, it is exciting.

I cannot vouch for the actual book, since we didn't read it yet, but the CD was very good. (Not sure if the Cd is exactly like the book or condensed.) We ordered another book and CD. The plan is to read the book together as a family, then listen to the dramatization. (Click here to see how it worked out) If we like it, he wants to buy many more of them! Since our oldest LOVES to read, and hopefully the others will also, it will be nice to have many quality books around.

I'd love to hear from anyone else who's read or listened to any of these. I will post in the future about how we like them in case anyone is interested to know.


No comments:

Post a Comment