Thursday, February 24, 2011

Learning Piano



We have been having SO much fun with piano lessons. I know the basics of playing piano- most of them, at least. But I am not "qualified" to teach it. However, with the piano books I bought a couple years ago, it is easy to teach. 6yo is doing great! I was going to wait and start my 4yo when he turned 5, but he was begging me to do it with him, so he started a couple months ago. He loves it, too.

The lessons are as long or short as I want them to be and it takes no preparation. (I've done lessons as short as 5 minutes and the boys still progressed.) The boys each feel accomplished after they practice, and its a little one on one time where I get to praise them for their efforts.

Even if I didn't know the basics, with this I could teach piano. It covers the things I wouldn't think to teach and at a good pace. I'm sure a higher level of instruction is eventually beneficial. I hope to get through them all. After that, I can better tell what level these books reach. If you're thinking about getting them, I would suggest getting at least the first few so you can see where you're headed. Here's the website-Have fun!

http://pianimals.com/index.htm

Update:  I exacto knife-ed the pages and put them in clear plastic page protectors, then in a folder.  They were getting kind of beat up with all the kids around!  Now, we can also write on the assignments with whiteboard markers and wipe off.

1 comment:

  1. I ordered the pianimal books on-line last week and just received them. After I study a bit, I am ready to resume piano teaching to the other Grand-kiddos that want to start. Thanks for sharing.
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete