Friday, October 7, 2011

One

We have such a sweet girl. It's hard to believe its been over a year now since the first time we welcomed her into our arms. We loved celebrating her with both of our families. Although she may not remember it, she had a great time, too.






A phrase I hear the often from those who have been parents longer than we have goes something like this, "enjoy them while you can, they grow up fast, and everything changes." Or, "It only gets worse, just wait until they're teenagers."  I'm really starting to see how quickly time does fly now that our oldest is already 7.  My prayer, though is to enjoy them while they're young and, Lord willing, when they're older, too.  I pray He will develop everlasting friendships in our family that will stand the "teen years" and beyond.  Some parents say the same phrase as above, but with a slight different tone and wording, "cherish them, it goes by fast."  The difference, to me, is the outlook.  For sure I will miss these early stages as each child grows.  But do I dread some unavoidable, hateful cloud that will invade my children's beings as they grow?  I look forward to the same little bundles of joy becoming mature, young people exuding joy.  For now, I am enjoying each of their personalities and ages.

No comments:

Post a Comment