Thursday, May 13, 2010

Depends on who you ask, and on which day

Am I a good cook? No, not really. Probably because I make a lot of mistakes and don't know that much about it. Nonetheless, I do cook (or at least prepare meals) all through the week- breakfast, lunch and dinner. Don't let me mislead you, my husband pitches in where needed. As a matter of fact no one, including myself, would have eaten around here for the first few months of this pregnancy if it weren't for his shopping and cooking efforts.

When my attitude is not in check, it can be a down right burdensome task...but today, I was reminded of one reward that can come from it.

I served up some turkey dogs (sorry boys, I do love you, but I am challenged in the area), some fresh pineapple, slices of cheese and the promise of a kefir/fruit smoothie to come. The response I got was a chorus of original songs, beautifully composed and rich with lyrics professing my 6yr old and my 4yr old son's gratitude. If what they say is true, I am THE best cook(er) in the world and they are very glad I am their mom so I can cook ALL their meals. YEAH!
- We'll see if they think so tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. I smile at the word 'cooker'! My oldest called me a 'good cooker' when he was about 5-6 years ago...a DECADE ago!
    Nice to see your new blog :)

    ReplyDelete