Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Now there's one good Daddy!


My husband likes to mow. He doesn't do it as often as he would like, but when he does he's usually not alone. The younger boys like it a lot and it gives me time to do what I need/want to do. In this picture, 1yo has fallen asleep. My husband noticed that when our 6yo gets pretty bored with mowing unless he can have responsibility. So, he gets to steer if he's riding along. If my husband is holding onto the wheel all the while to make sure they go in straight rows, 6yo soon realizes he's not actually the one doing the work and gets disinterested quickly. Since our yard is mostly weeds and dirt, it doesn't really matter what the mowing rows looks like! This is just one example of the many things my husband can do with children underfoot...

Why is it so easy for him to get a lot done with the young ones nearby, but so difficult for me to do that? I have to use all my energy to focus on what I'm trying to do! If I want to teach them how to do something, I have to be doing a project that doesn't have to be done soon or well. Just another thing I learn to be better at by watching my husband (wish I was a quicker learner.)

No comments:

Post a Comment