Sunday, May 16, 2010

Learning "useful" arts



There are many things I wish I would have paid more attention to as I was growing up. Sewing is one of those. Now, I can see the usefulness of it, but I only know a minimal ammount about it.

Recently, some ladies from church wanted to make a quilt together. My mother taught me a little about quilting a few years ago, so I gave it a shot and here are 3 of the squares I made. Mind you, there are plenty of mistakes in each square, but it was fun to try! I can tell that this may not be the time in my life that I take up quilting heavily as these took me a while. But maybe every now and then I can work on a piece for fun.

1 comment:

  1. Very pretty blocks, and that star pattern looks really hard. I've never tried one like that, it looks so intimidating!

    ReplyDelete