Thursday, June 16, 2011

1 Peter

 We've been studying 1 Peter as a family and at church lately.  We are participating in the Bible Bee this year.  They send participants a curriculum for the summer.  It is an in depth study of a book of the Bible- this year its 1 Peter.  Along with the study, participants are given lots of verses from various books to memorize.  It is a lot of work and commitment!  My husband and I have been able to join in the memorizing, too- what a blessing.  It is so easy not to take the time to memorize Scripture!  How else can we hide His Word in our hearts?  While memorizing so many verses all at once, I can't help but meditate on them, too.  It is so life- giving and joyful and peace- provoking.  Now, will I remember all of them...I've already forgotten a few.  But I've still benefited a great deal. 

3yo boy loves to hold a Bible if our family devotions end up being late (past his usual bedtime).  On more than one occasion, he has grabbed one just to snuggle up with.  I think its cute. 

My favorite verses, so far, in 1 Peter are:

1 Peter 2:4-5  Coming to Him as to a living stone, rejected indeed by men, but chosen by God and precious, you also, as living stones, are being built up a spiritual house, a holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.

There is so much depth to this passage.  We run this race for great purposes!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment