Monday, June 20, 2011

Handmade products

Among many talents, my brother takes great photos.  He took these and many others a few years ago when I was experimenting with different homemade products and packaging them.  I thought it would be fun to post some of his photos. 

Below, is a lotion bar.  It is so awesome for cracked, dry skin like the heels of your feet, knees, elbows, etc.

These are my lip balms.  They feel so good!  But, I prefer using a stick now, rather than applying it with my finger. I make different kinds- winter tingle and citrus are two favorites.



I bought some natural vapor rub once, then tried making it myself.  It turned out just the same!


I do not want to go back to store bought lotion.  My face reacts better to this all-natural, herb-infused lotion better than any I've tried (and I've tried MANY store brands.)  If I put it on right after I wash, it is so smooth and I can feel it nourishing my skin.  It is a bit greasy- feeling if I put it on at other times, but it eventually absorbs. Its also the most fickle of all the products I make..and it takes the most work.  For that reason, I don't make it very often.  In fact, I've been out for quite a while and NEED to make some soon! I haven't been using any lotion at all!  Good thing its not winter, or my skin would be really dry. 

Skin salve is so nice to have around.  Its full of a bunch of different healing herbs and oils.  We use it on so many different things- scrapes, bites, chapped lips, rashes-just to name a few. (My sister-in-law used it to stick those little newborn baby bows on her daughter's head- I thought that was creative.)

That about covers my non-soap handmade products.  I'll have another post for the nice photos my brother took of the soaps (click here to see them).

No comments:

Post a Comment