Saturday, July 31, 2010

This Pregnancy



I'm coming to the homestretch of this pregnancy. Only a few weeks left, depending on the Lord's timing. I don't gestate well- is that a proper phrase? Anyway, I have thus far been very sick the first half (or longer) of each pregnancy. When that's over, there are other things I deal with that make life uncomfortable. Right now, I just feel so pregnant. Its hard to move around in bed at night- but I can't stay in one position. Its hard to get up- but my bladder makes me. Its hard to stand too long, sit in one place too long, its hot...you see my point. (Oh, and the sickness has somehow crept back upon me- no fun!)


All that said, this has been my BEST pregnancy so far! I have enjoyed it more, gained less, and it has gone faster (so far). Since we are planning a home birth this time and I visit with a midwife, I haven't had stress that sometimes comes with doctors. Nothing against doctors- I love them! But I don't really want to see them unless I need help with an injury or illness. (God bless the doctor who stapled my son's head a few weeks ago!) We have had great memorable experiences with the births of each of our previous children. But I hope to avoid the few stressful situations and needless interventions we did come across. I'm looking forward to being in this comfortable, familiar place. I don't feel like I have a sickness that needs to be resolved, I have a baby- and many others have been pregnant before me. I'm praying that there will not be any complications that merit a visit to the hospital.


A few random things about this pregnancy...

...I have wanted watermelon and fried chicken for most of this pregnancy- neither of which I have had very much of- I can't seem to buy a good watermelon! This baby seems to move more than I remember the others moving. The suspense of not knowing if we have a boy or a girl is exciting and makes me even more eager for the day. (Husband doesn't think he'll know how to raise a girl but I'm so outnumbered, I think it might be nice.) The boys all like to hug, talk, poke and feel my tummy. I sometimes put a book on it when the baby is moving around and we watch the book move all around. While writing, I often have to erase mistakes caused by sudden jolts of movement to my notebook. The boys have been able to hear the heartbeat when my midwife has checked it the last few times. 6yo is excited- he often sits patiently to feel the baby kick, offers name ideas, and plans what he will do with the new baby. 4yo is happy, he mostly feels my tummy for a few seconds to humor me, but the other day he actually realized the baby was moving and got interested. 2yo pats at my tummy and says baby. I cannot wait to hold this bundle in my arms! (But, I will happily wait so he or she is fully developed!)

No comments:

Post a Comment