Monday, June 7, 2010

All I'm saying is...I Can Breathe!



I guess I had allergies last week. I believe I’ve gotten them with each pregnancy- yuk! It was miserable. My father in law took the time to put some (fresh raw, still-on-the-comb, from his hives) honey in a jar for me to chew on. Have you heard that it is supposed to help with allergies? I don’t especially enjoy chewing it (some people do), but I thought I’d give it a try since he went to the trouble. A few hours later, my congestion and itchy eyes were cleared up after 3 nights of restless sleep. I still have a little scratchiness in my throat and “stuff”, but I sure can breath and I’m not miserable. It is almost all gone. Now, MAYBE it was already clearing up on its own. I have no way of conducting scientific research on it. However, if you have allergies, its at lest worth a try. It is pretty yummy- at least while there’s still honey in it. After you suck out all the honey, its like chewing crumbly gum. It won’t hurt to swallow the comb, in fact, its said to be healthy. I chewed it for a few minutes and spit it out. Ahhh! Fresh air!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I didn't know about that, Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite book, Vermont Folk Medicine talks a lot about the benefits of eating the comb for allergy relief. Have you heard of the book?

    ReplyDelete