Saturday, June 12, 2010

Raspberry pickers

My husband took the boys to pick raspberries at a friend's house. When they walked in the door (dripping dark purple juice on the floor), they were so happy and proud! There are more than what's in this one jar. I canned most of them up tonight.

As you can see, he did not muzzle the oxen while they were treading grain- a.k.a they ate as they picked. How sweet they are!







My 6yo thought I might want some ideas to blog about. He grabbed the camera and this is what he came up with:

Daddy's Bible.

A loaf of cinnamon raisin bread

And The Crown of Kuros. This is the fourth book in a series called The Terrestria Chronicles by Ed Dunlop. We have enjoyed reading them to the boys. It has a clear message of salvation, righteousness, good and bad, and serving the Lord. We appreciate that they are not filled with witchcraft or even glorify bad attitudes. I would recommend these so far to any boys 9 and over. Girls may like them too, but they are more for boys. There is so much in them that our boys cannot yet understand, but I'm sure we'll read them again in a couple years.  (Update: there are some places in the series that could be called withcraft.  In a later book, a clearly evil character can morph into other things to confuse and deceive the main character.  This kind of sorcery is never confused with good by the reader and paints a clear picture of how Satan may appear as an andel of light to get his way with us.  Still, I thought I'd warn you. I may not have the perfect definition of "witchcraft".  I guess it is like magic when the main character can pull out his Book and it turns into a sword- but the author does a good job painting the picture with that the "sword of the Spirit is the Word of God".  I didn't end up reading them all, with everything there is to be done.  They were of more interest to my husband than to me, but I did like what I heard of them.)

1 comment:

  1. We just ordered one of the books for the kids, thanks for telling us about them

    ReplyDelete