Saturday, June 19, 2010

Dad


I'm not just saying this because Father's Day is coming- I love my Dad! He's a loving man. He build us up with his words and would help if ever we needed him. (Even if you were bringing home "the one" to meet your parents and ran out of gas on the highway- he would come help.) I can remember the feeling of safety every time he was near. He always told us girls we looked nice or beautiful (still does) but didn't put any emphasis on our hairstyle or clothes-(except to very rarely tell me never to wear a that short skirt again :). I believe that helped us learn that beauty depends on your heart and not material adornments or physical appearance that would change or pass away. He speaks so highly of Mom and thinks of her best interest.
He made sacrifices along the way that helped shape our choices in life. There are so many thing he does that I'm so thankful for. Perhaps the greatest has been all the hours he's spent on his knees in prayer for us. I thank the Lord for letting me have him as my Dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment